1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Is this project dead?

Public Announcements and News subforum
drgogu

Is this project dead?

Post by drgogu »

There's no update since Nov 2020.
There is a bad bug that makes all posters disappear after minimizing MrMC. (nVidia Shield).
Do the developers care about people who paid for the product? If they are not working on it, and there such a severe bug, why are you still accepting payment? :roll:
Last edited by drgogu on 31 Jul 2021, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
Waltman

Re: Is this project dead?

Post by Waltman »

There where some problems with art which resulted in some extensions needed to be updated. Could you try that ?

scrapers updated, Settings -> Extensions -> Hidden menu on the left -> Check for Update , its should also update in few hours if you let it run on Auto

edit: Ariana and Opacity skin
SETTOP-BOX :Apple TV 4K
Skin: Ariana
Database: MySQL
NAS: Synolgy DS1513+
Receiver: Maranz 1403 with B&W 3.1 speakers
TV: LG55OLEDC8
drgogu

Post by drgogu »

Wow, I didn't expect to find somebody here! Glad somebody's still interested in this incredible app. Thanks for your reply.

The problem actually is all posters scrape correctly and everything, but after minimizing and returning to MrMC, some or all posters disappear or display weird white boxes. To fix this, I have to choose Quit from the menu and restart the app.

I tried your suggestion and restarted the app, I still get the same problem. My extensions were already set to auto update, and it's not a problem with scraping. I think it's a bug, and somebody else mentioned it before here. It happens with all skins. I attached a screenshot, sorry using my phone camera.
Screenshot_20210731-105436.png
Waltman wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 08:21 There where some problems with art which resulted in some extensions needed to be updated. Could you try that ?

scrapers updated, Settings -> Extensions -> Hidden menu on the left -> Check for Update , its should also update in few hours if you let it run on Auto

edit: Ariana and Opacity skin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Waltman

Post by Waltman »

I am not using a shield, so I can’t test anything with you. Did you try to rebuild the icon cache ?

Assuming your poster have “poster” in the name and are jpg

1. the clean thumbnails option in
Settings -> video ->library -> clean thumbnails

2. The regenerate thumbnails option in -> settings -> appearance -> cached images -> regenerate thumbnails.
drgogu

Post by drgogu »

Thanks, I've tried that. Doesn't help. It's not actually a problem with the posters. They are downloaded normally, but there is a display bug that makes them disappear randomly. Restarting the app fixes it, but it's a very frequent occurrence that makes its quite annoying. I saw a couple of other people posting the same issue. Do you know if any of the developers are around?
Waltman wrote: 01 Aug 2021, 07:11 I am not using a shield, so I can’t test anything with you. Did you try to rebuild the icon cache ?

Assuming your poster have “poster” in the name and are jpg

1. the clean thumbnails option in
Settings -> video ->library -> clean thumbnails

2. The regenerate thumbnails option in -> settings -> appearance -> cached images -> regenerate thumbnails.
eazytv

Post by eazytv »

The project is not dead and I see davilla and amet frequently on the forums.

Basically, you should not be posting in the news section with such topic expecting technical support. The right place is the subforum headlined with the device being used. For you: viewforum.php?f=32

Describe your issue (including hardware/network setup) and make sure to upload a debug log. I suggest to initiate a clean start of the app, rebuilding the icon cache, browsing categories until you discover your bug and reference the movie with the missing artwork in your post.

amet/davilla usually respond within 48 hours. Otherwise you can drag them into the thread with an "@" and their usernames behind it. However, it is normally unnecessary.

I somehow have the impression your problem emanates from a hardware/network issue. Otherwise I would be expecting more posts on the forums with this issue.
drgogu

Post by drgogu »

Thanks, but I was trying to get anybody's attention as I posted this in the right forum months ago, and didn't receive any reply.

There is even a topic on the front page of the nvidia shield board you linked to with three people saying they have the issue on the Shield. It's not a network problem. It's a bug for sure. The artwork is downloaded and saved correctly, but goes blank after minimizing. Or even after returning from playback.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5578

I'll cc the developers like you suggested.
@amet
@davilla
eazytv wrote: 08 Aug 2021, 06:41 The project is not dead and I see davilla and amet frequently on the forums.

Basically, you should not be posting in the news section with such topic expecting technical support. The right place is the subforum headlined with the device being used. For you: viewforum.php?f=32

Describe your issue (including hardware/network setup) and make sure to upload a debug log. I suggest to initiate a clean start of the app, rebuilding the icon cache, browsing categories until you discover your bug and reference the movie with the missing artwork in your post.

amet/davilla usually respond within 48 hours. Otherwise you can drag them into the thread with an "@" and their usernames behind it. However, it is normally unnecessary.

I somehow have the impression your problem emanates from a hardware/network issue. Otherwise I would be expecting more posts on the forums with this issue.
rjorge77

Post by rjorge77 »

drgogu wrote:Thanks, but I was trying to get anybody's attention as I posted this in the right forum months ago, and didn't receive any reply.

There is even a topic on the front page of the nvidia shield board you linked to with three people saying they have the issue on the Shield. It's not a network problem. It's a bug for sure. The artwork is downloaded and saved correctly, but goes blank after minimizing. Or even after returning from playback.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5578

I'll cc the developers like you suggested.
@amet
@davilla
eazytv wrote: 08 Aug 2021, 06:41 The project is not dead and I see davilla and amet frequently on the forums.

Hi,

Sorry for asking again, like OP : is this project Dead ??

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
Golge77

Post by Golge77 »

I was asking myself that too, it seems like it by the lack of posts in this forum.
Waltman

Post by Waltman »

I am still here 😬 but updates and news are very slow. Is there news @amet ?