1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Hardware acceleration on/off Topic is solved

Any issues that are Android specific
joehindley103

Hardware acceleration on/off

Post by joehindley103 »

Hi there.

I love this software. Great product all. I am a new user coming from plex/kodi.

I find that my 1080P mkv files look best with hardware acceleration disabled (on my shield) and full reliance on the CPU.

However I obviously need it on for 4k HDR mkvs

Is there anyway to make this switching on/off automatic dependent on the resolution of the mkv file being played?

Or must I change it manually?

Many tks

Equipment

Nvidia shield - set to 4k resolution
LG c8 OLED
koying
Team MrMC

Re: Hardware acceleration on/off

Post by koying »

If you set the settings level to "expert", you can go to Video-Acceleration and have some control on what is accelerated and what is not.
joehindley103

Post by joehindley103 »

Appreciate that. I just find that if hardware acceleration is enabled it tends to always be deployed meaning some scaler options are missing when playing content lower than 4k/HDR.
joehindley103

Post by joehindley103 »

Some previous info on the topic from SPMC

"you must disable MediaCodec (Surface) to use upscaling or deinterlacing. However, if you disable MediaCodec (Surface), then HDR content will not be displayed in HDR."

So assume this remains the case and ill need to select/deselect depending on content?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

joehindley103 wrote: 11 May 2020, 14:42 Some previous info on the topic from SPMC

"you must disable MediaCodec (Surface) to use upscaling or deinterlacing. However, if you disable MediaCodec (Surface), then HDR content will not be displayed in HDR."

So assume this remains the case and ill need to select/deselect depending on content?
surface does its own deinterlacing on hardware but no upscaling options.
tuckers

Post by tuckers »

I also have the Shield Pro 2019 and I would prefer to use it's upscaling of content below 4K. But also keep HDR playing. So what are the settings to enable this?
tuckers

Post by tuckers »

I also have the Shield Pro 2019 and I would prefer to use it's upscaling of content below 4K. But also keep HDR playing. So what are the settings to enable this?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

tuckers wrote: 28 May 2020, 00:46 I also have the Shield Pro 2019 and I would prefer to use it's upscaling of content below 4K. But also keep HDR playing. So what are the settings to enable this?
AMC Surface. If AI upscaling doesn't work then it's an unsupported video format such as interlaced or framerate above 30fps or resolution lower than 480p.