1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Can't get Plex to work with MrMC

Support for the native Plex Client on any platform
gavinc

Can't get Plex to work with MrMC

Post by gavinc »

Don't understand why this won't work but I've followed the steps in the wiki, have signed in to Plex server and it shows as such in MrMV ,but what next??.
Nothing is showing up. My server is on a NAS but MrMc doesn't see it and when I select Video from the menu it just shows local connected USB drive.
What am I doing wrong?
I bought the paid for version because Plex doesn't play well on a Fire TV and I was expecting this to solve my problems. Any help appreciated.
cosmoxl

Re: Can't get Plex to work with MrMC

Post by cosmoxl »

gavinc wrote: 04 Mar 2020, 20:09 Don't understand why this won't work but I've followed the steps in the wiki, have signed in to Plex server and it shows as such in MrMV ,but what next??.
Nothing is showing up. My server is on a NAS but MrMc doesn't see it and when I select Video from the menu it just shows local connected USB drive.
What am I doing wrong?
I bought the paid for version because Plex doesn't play well on a Fire TV and I was expecting this to solve my problems. Any help appreciated.
Go to the top icon that looks like 3 stacked hard drives and select that, then choose your Plex server. Once that's selected and you exit the app properly it'll usually be selected by default when you start the app.
gavinc

Post by gavinc »

Thanks for the help but the only server available is MrMC my NAS is not listed so presumably it can't see it yet I'm signed in via Pp lex Client
gavinc

Post by gavinc »

I've now clicked on Plex sever GDM discovery and can now see and select the server, however nothing is populated ,just all blank
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

gavinc wrote: 05 Mar 2020, 13:43 Thanks for the help but the only server available is MrMC my NAS is not listed so presumably it can't see it yet I'm signed in via Pp lex Client
Sign in using pin and try to pull the debuglog so we can see what’s going on
TheInc42

Post by TheInc42 »

I know this thread is 3 months old at this point, but it is the only thing I have found that describes what I am experiencing, though I *think* I have gotten a little further than the OP.

Also using the FireTV app, just bought today. Plex app works, just limited quality and I read MrMC can get around the issue.

Logged into Plex server on MrMC with no issues. When I go to the MrMC icon (3 stacked hard drives next to Settings icon) only option is MrMC, my Plex server does not appear. I have gone into Settings>Services>Plex Client. It shows me signed in, I currently have Plex Server GDM Discovery checked (however unchecked yielded same results). Plex Library update interval is set to 10 minuts, Limit Home Shelf to selected Plex servers I have tried Local server only and All servers, no change. Enable transcode currently disabled.

Last comment on this thread was asking for debug log, I *think* I have this done with LIULT.log being what shows uploaded, but I could not find how to sign in with PIN so not sure if that log actually went anywhere.

The thing that I have done different is in digging around I did find how to enable the Plex Extension. I am not sure if the next part is just the same problem as above, that the Plex server is not listed in the available servers, but if this does provide more information what I am seeing here is this:

Launching Plex Extension I again linked my Plex server, and am prompted to choose from my users (as I expect). Doing so it shows No Servers Found at the top, I can click on this like a drop down menu and it shows the name of my Plex server with a spinning circle. If I click this it shows Server is not accessible. Connection tests are in progress Please wait. I have given this 20 minutes left alone and it does not progress past it.

I can get to Plex Extension settings, currently relevant settings are under Advanced I have it set to Allow Insecure Connections: Never, Server Discovery GDM is checked. Under Manual servers I have tried leaving this blank as well as putting the local IP of the Plex server, no change, and I have verified the port information is correct.

I have restarted the TV, restarted the Plex server, uninstalled and reinstalled MrMC...I am out of ideas. I do not know why I cannot get MrMC to see the server, as on the same TV the regular Plex app can connect to it fine. Any advice?

Sorry for the novel, I'm an IT guy, trying to cover every base I can think of to try to help reveal the problem.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

I’ll have a look at the log later, but if both extension and MrMC plex integration are giving you the same results it smells like there is an issue with the server.

Have you confirmed that you can see and play the content from plex web app using the browser?

Edit: just to be clear, MrMC plex integration and Plex addon are separate and not related to one another.
TheInc42

Post by TheInc42 »

Through the Browser or the standard Plex app I can access the server and stream content. I have also tested the server with several devices in my household (desktop, Chromebook, 2 phones, and an Ipad) and so far the only devices I have issues with are the FireTV and a Fire Stick, so was hoping to address both with this if I can make it work.