1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

loud noise passthrough via hdmi arc

Any issues that are NOT Nvidia Shield or FireTV specific
eyosha

loud noise passthrough via hdmi arc

Post by eyosha » 13 Jan 2019, 09:29

Hi
first of all I must say, I'm very happy with MrMC, it is the only player on MY Sony TV (FX9005), that can play 4K HDR from local network with no glitch.
now for my questions
1. I set PassThrough for all supported formats, my TV connected via HDMI ARC to Marantz receiver that supports all formats
when I play DTS-HD MA / TrueHD / AC3 DD, I get loud noise coming from the speakers
when I disable it from passthrough I only get stereo sound not 5.1 PCM
I configured my channels to be 5.1 is that correct?
what am I missing?

2. another question regarding resolution. I have 4K TV, why in the info of the MrMC screen I only see 1080p 60hz and the option is grayed out?

thanks very much
Elad

cosmoxl

Re: loud noise passthrough via hdmi arc

Post by cosmoxl » 13 Jan 2019, 14:11

HDMI ARC has limitations (DD+ is the most it can do) and it's common for TVs to not handle multi channel PCM either. So you've got two problems combined.

You won't be able to bitstream HD audio codecs to your receiver via ARC but why you get static noise from just AC3 is a good question. You should post a debug log. https://wiki.mrmc.tv/index.php?title=Debug_log

eyosha

Post by eyosha » 13 Jan 2019, 14:45

thanks very much for the reply.
so if I turn off passthrough, why I don't get PCM 5.1
ARC can't pass that? I mean if it's only capable of 2ch
wouldn't it be better to connect OPTICAL cable from my TV to receiver in order to get 5.1 PCM ?

thanks
Elad

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 13 Jan 2019, 14:58

As I said, it's common for TV to not handle multi channel PCM. Since it seems that's the case with your TV it won't be better using optical.

Your best scenario is to use a different device for your apps and run it through the receiver (via HDMI) then to the TV so that you can get full quality audio.

eyosha

Post by eyosha » 13 Jan 2019, 15:27

thanks I do have NUC connected to receiver, but it is to week for 4K HDR. that why I wanted the TV to do that, it plays 4K HDR easily, but it usually comes with advanced audio quality that ARC can't handle

thanks
Elad

eyosha

Post by eyosha » 14 Jan 2019, 20:25

update: this post continue here
https://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4695

with debug level log
Elad