1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Playback pauses

Any issues that are tvOS specific
jabohn

Playback pauses

Post by jabohn »

Since upgrading my Mac to Ventura, playback from my AppleTV pauses every 20-30 seconds or so, then starts up again only to pause again a little while later. It ends up being play/pause/play/pause repeatedly, making it unwatchable. Scrubbing will also cause MrMC to pause too. It's like it's stopped and waiting for the video to download or something.

It was fine when my Mac was still on Monterey so I wonder if Ventura is the culprit. Sometimes rebooting or quitting the app helps, but today it's basically unusable. MrMc connects to my Mac via file sharing.

I'm hoping this isn't the nail in the coffin for this app... fingers crossed.
jabohn

Re: Playback pauses

Post by jabohn »

I uploaded my logs. SPMGA.log
It was fine for awhile and now it's happening again.
eazytv

Post by eazytv »

Nobody else than amet and davilla can access the log.

I don't have any issues with MrMC playing files from my NAS via NFS, both physically connected to the network. The issues you are having might derive from the network or file sharing protocol. You might wanna try with the easiest solution by wiring the devices to the network. Second approach should be utilizing some other protocol.
jabohn

Post by jabohn »

Thanks, I'm aware of who can see my logs. I was hoping they are still monitoring for major issues.

MrMC is playing files from my AppleTV off of my Mac via SMB, with a wired connection. The problem didn't start until I upgraded my Mac to Ventura (I have the latest for my AppleTV too, but I had the beta on it all summer with no issues).

Last night I installed Emby to give it a try. There is no issue with playback. I just don't like a lot of how Emby works and some functionality you can't do on the AppleTV.
eazytv

Post by eazytv »

Hm hm... SMB... There are often issues emanating from using different versions of SMB on the devices. Might be that Emby is using the appropriate SMB vers. by default matching the one on Ventura while MrMC does not.

Might be worth a shot. If you can exclude other network issues, I have no other idea.

On a side-note:
Looks like the App is meanwhile totally abandoned by the developers. The update for iOS was only necessary to stay on the iOS AppStore. No further development whatsoever. Sad.
jabohn

Post by jabohn »

It's really a mystery. I watched some videos last night and about an hour's worth this morning. No problems. Then just now I started a new video and seconds into it, it froze.

I don't think Emby uses SMB to communicate. They use their own server tech.