1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

HDMI Sound issue - Changing inputs

Any issues that are Android specific
duojet

HDMI Sound issue - Changing inputs

Post by duojet »

Hi,

I have a firestick lite connected to a pioneer receiver which is connected to a samsung tv.

I have MrMC installed and connected to a plex server and for the most part everything works fine.

Occasionally though, if I switch to another input, then switch back some time later, when i play a video I have no sound. Also, even though the video initially plays with no sound, it eventually freezes or slows considerabley.

This seems like it may be related to some HDMI handshaking, etc. I have tried changing the output from optimized to fixed and best match under settings and I still sometimes have the issue. It doesn't happen 100% of the time, but it happens often.

MrMC goes to a black screen if I select quit after this happens (i can still get back to the main menu)

Sometimes if I switch inputs and then come back again i can relaunch MrMC and the issue is gone.

Does anyone know what the issue might be? Other apps don't exhibit this behavior (youtube, emby, plex, etc). Also, once I have this issue with MrMC, it then causes the same issue in all other apps.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.