1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Emby client - Feature Requests

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
horstepipe

Emby client - Feature Requests

Post by horstepipe »

Hey

So first of all, I really like the UI on TVOS, thank you very much! I'm just doing my first steps in MrMC and collected some features I'd love to see in upcoming versions. I'll list them ordered in my personal priority, from high to low.
Do you have a public todo list to avoid duplicates?

#1 - The toughest one I guess. But with a growing library this gets more important - Speed up the loading time for movie lists - somehow lol
Maybe something like only fetching the first 1000 items and go on fetching when user is browsing the list...? Or some kind of pagination (which doesn't break the letter navigation lol). I'm at 25s to load a list about 7000 movies which is okay, but could be better :-)

#2 - More filter options - please see post# 6
A quite essential one in my opinion: Add a filter (or list) for genres and tags.

#3 - Show movies of the same collection in movie info view
A basic and essential info. If you open info view for Terminator, you should notice Terminator 2,3,4,5,6..

#4 - Add the ability to navigate to top and bottom of a list
So you're in your movie list which is sorted alphabetically. Then you change the list order to recently added to see the newest stuff. But how do you get to the beginning of the list now without scrolling forever? :-)

#5 - Global search
Guess most people have multiple movie libraries like 4K movies, foreign movies etc. Currently it's not possible to search all movie libraries with one request, which probably can be frustrating for users who don't know in which particular library their requested movie is.

#6 - Make background opacity adjustable in default skin (if possible)
In my personal opinion it is too much white and too less viewable fanart :-)

Thanks for your time,
best regards
Last edited by horstepipe on 21 Jun 2020, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
horstepipe

Re: Emby client - Feature Requests

Post by horstepipe »

any thoughts or chances of implementation some of these amet?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

This should move to requests, we accept and discuss the requests internally but there is never any promises on implementation.
horstepipe

Post by horstepipe »

Sure, sorry I missed that section.
One more:

Recently added tv shows should better list the show (which episodes were recently added to) instead of all single episodes. Because if you add a whole season, the widget is being flooded with these episodes and it‘s hard to see other recently added content. Not sure whether Kodi natively can do it, Embuary does it, maybe you can grab some code there.
Thanks for evaluating.
horstepipe

Post by horstepipe »

horstepipe wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 11:45 Sure, sorry I missed that section.
One more:

Recently added tv shows should better list the show (which episodes were recently added to) instead of all single episodes. Because if you add a whole season, the widget is being flooded with these episodes and it‘s hard to see other recently added content. Not sure whether Kodi natively can do it, Embuary does it, maybe you can grab some code there.
Thanks for evaluating.
The list exists in EmbyCon, so you should be able to add it without hassle.
There's

Code: Select all

EmbyCon -> Global Lists -> TV Shows -> Recently Added 
which shows every single episode as you're currently provide the widget.
But there's also

EmbyCon -> Global Lists -> TV Shows -> Latest
which is the one I'd prefer very much.

Just fyi
horstepipe

Post by horstepipe »

about my request #2 - More filter options:

@amet I saw in another threat that you advised the option "flatten hierachy". That's quite hidden and does what I needed, so that request is partially not valid anymore. Only thing I'm missing there is the Tags button. In Embycon it is

EmbyCon -> Emby Libraries -> [i]movie library[/i] -> Tags 
This should be a quick one hopefully, although I think that tag filter was implemented quite lately in EmbyCon and you seem to utilize an older version. So my fingers are crossed you're willing to add :-)
horstepipe

Post by horstepipe »

hello

just some more thoughts:

If you can't do much about
#1 - Speed up the loading time for movie lists
I'd give
#5 - Global search
a higher priority.

Because if you're able to search your desired movie in home menu, you don't have to spend the time waiting for the movie list finished loading.

Best regards
horstepipe

Post by horstepipe »

just fyi:

I began moving my Emby tvos users from Kodi to MrMC, their biggest complain for now is this:
horstepipe wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 16:43
horstepipe wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 11:45 Sure, sorry I missed that section.
One more:

Thanks for evaluating.
The list exists in EmbyCon, so you should be able to add it without hassle.
There's

EmbyCon -> Global Lists -> TV Shows -> Recently Added 
which shows every single episode as you're currently provide the widget.
But there's also

EmbyCon -> Global Lists -> TV Shows -> Latest
which is the one I'd prefer very much.

Just fyi

Best regards