1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.8.1 for Google Play

Old TestFlight threads
maglione66

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.0 for Google Play

Post by maglione66 »

Passthrough fix for me Thanks!!!!!
nigelwalker

Post by nigelwalker »

same for me 4k hdr truehd/ atmos not working on passthrough no sound at all, but a 4k nonhdr with eac3/atmos does work, also an ac3 stereo file is only outputting pcm stereo ( on plex its digital stereo dolby surround)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Another thing.

Passthrough isn't working for live tv but does work for DVR recordings.

https://paste2.org/x69feEY4
maglione66

Post by maglione66 »

My mistake its no fix it at all, sometimes work, sometines no, i need restart mrmc or clear the cache for working again.
koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying »

nigelwalker wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 22:36 also an ac3 stereo file is only outputting pcm stereo ( on plex its digital stereo dolby surround)
That's by design, now. Passthrough on android is too finicky to try and test everything, so ac3 stereo is now output as PCM.
Is there a use case for using passthrough in that case?
hieyemtim

Post by hieyemtim »

Just updated to the Feb 11 build. All menu options are gone. I can only see the small icons at the bottom and the news ticker. No buttons work on any of the remotes except to minimize. Every other app works on the shield. I cleared cache, then rebooted. Still nothing. Then deleted the app and reinstalled it. Still no options or control other than minimize. I can see the small icons on the bottom and the news ticker works but I can’t select anything other than minimize. I then reset my shield to factory settings and re did everything on the shield. Then reinstalled. Same. So strange. Any ideas?
nigelwalker

Post by nigelwalker »

koying wrote: 12 Feb 2019, 07:59
nigelwalker wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 22:36 also an ac3 stereo file is only outputting pcm stereo ( on plex its digital stereo dolby surround)
That's by design, now. Passthrough on android is too finicky to try and test everything, so ac3 stereo is now output as PCM.
Is there a use case for using passthrough in that case?
That's fine wasn't sure if it had anything to do with the audio issues at the moment.
semperfixd

Post by semperfixd »

Just updated. Still no passthrough. Not getting any sound at all for atmos tracks actually.
maglione66

Post by maglione66 »

hieyemtim wrote: 12 Feb 2019, 08:09 Just updated to the Feb 11 build. All menu options are gone. I can only see the small icons at the bottom and the news ticker. No buttons work on any of the remotes except to minimize. Every other app works on the shield. I cleared cache, then rebooted. Still nothing. Then deleted the app and reinstalled it. Still no options or control other than minimize. I can see the small icons on the bottom and the news ticker works but I can’t select anything other than minimize. I then reset my shield to factory settings and re did everything on the shield. Then reinstalled. Same. So strange. Any ideas?
same problem to my, unnistall and install again, same bug, no menu options, just small icons at the bottom.
semperfixd

Post by semperfixd »

Would also like to report that refresh rate switching is giving issues. Refresh rate matching doesn't kick in automatically at the start, it kicks in after a few seconds of video playback.