1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Version for Apple TV 4K

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Slevinnn87

Re: Version for Apple TV 4K

Post by Slevinnn87 »

Awsome! 👍🏻
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

amet wrote: 22 Sep 2017, 16:56 I said it will support 4K, it’s being worked on :)
I don’t have the slightest doubt 😊
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Hehe, native h265 on AppleTV4 using VideoToolBox. This particular video would not play right under FFMpeg sw decode.

Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

davilla wrote: 22 Sep 2017, 21:06 Hehe, native h265 on AppleTV4 using VideoToolBox. This particular video would not play right under FFMpeg sw decode.

My son will be happy, he gets my ATV4 😊
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Another teaser, this time on the new AppleTV 4K. This time, 4K HEVC content.

Lollypop

Post by Lollypop »

Stop teasing us davilla and give us the update :)
whoopn

Post by whoopn »

Any updates on this? I realize it’s a brand new and hard to get device. As such I am happy to beta test for you.

It seems to have issues decoding h265. It uses >280% CPU so it’s defaulting to software decoding even though I’ve allowed videotoolbox hardware decoding.

The appletv 4K can do it. Infuse can playback H265 but it has issues with HE-AAC audio codecs. That’s not going to matter really though because HE-AAC isn’t a bluray or UHD bluray audio standard. Though it would be nice to not have that limitation. When I mux our just the video and remove the audio entirely it works just fine in Infuse but MRMC can’t do it (yet).

I do like having what is essentially Kodi on my Apple TV in a legit way, no stupid hacks or jailbreaks or anything. Thanks for your work on this!
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

whoopn wrote: 01 Oct 2017, 17:42 Any updates on this? I realize it’s a brand new and hard to get device. As such I am happy to beta test for you.

It seems to have issues decoding h265. It uses >280% CPU so it’s defaulting to software decoding even though I’ve allowed videotoolbox hardware decoding.

The appletv 4K can do it. Infuse can playback H265 but it has issues with HE-AAC audio codecs. That’s not going to matter really though because HE-AAC isn’t a bluray or UHD bluray audio standard. Though it would be nice to not have that limitation. When I mux our just the video and remove the audio entirely it works just fine in Infuse but MRMC can’t do it (yet).

I do like having what is essentially Kodi on my Apple TV in a legit way, no stupid hacks or jailbreaks or anything. Thanks for your work on this!
See the testflight thread on how to get involved in testing.
TheBrother

Post by TheBrother »

Hi Im very happy with the current Progress of the Development for the Apple TV 4K. I am already on the newest Testflight version. h265 works like a charm.
I’ve questIons about some Features I‘m currently missing in comparision to Kodi on the Nvidia Shield:

- When is HDR Support Comming or is it even possible?
- high-def Audio passthrough like dts-x or Dolby Atmos

Kind regards
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

TheBrother wrote: 08 Oct 2017, 12:53 - high-def Audio passthrough like dts-x or Dolby Atmos
The Apple TV can't passthrough lossless audio, but it will send it as PCM. You lose DTS-X and Dolby Atmos this way, but the core lossless track (DTS-HD MA or TrueHD) is passed as PCM.