1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

So what are the chances of HD audio passthrough on the new 4K Apple TV?

Stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else
Selest

So what are the chances of HD audio passthrough on the new 4K Apple TV?

Post by Selest »

From what I see it has the same specs as the last one but hoping someone knows otherwise.... Somewhat of a joke not to include it in the new one...
cosmoxl

Re: So what are the chances of HD audio passthrough on the new 4K Apple TV?

Post by cosmoxl »

I agree. I guess they just want to appeal to a non-enthusiast crowd that isn't bothered by the relatively high price tag.

But, I think that segment of people is small. Most people will go for the cheaper devices.
timstephens24

Re: So what are the chances of HD audio passthrough on the new 4K Apple TV?

Post by timstephens24 »

Apple owns the smallest market share, but makes the most in revenue (over $1bil a year vs Roku in second at $400mil a year). Even though people go for cheaper devices, those devices just streaming Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon don't make a Roku much money. People with Apple TVs generally also have Apple Music and purchase iTunes movies, or sign up for services with iTunes billing people so Apple gets a cut.