1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Multiple profiles on AppleTV 4K

Report any issues you might have in here
sjefsbamsemumsen

Multiple profiles on AppleTV 4K

Post by sjefsbamsemumsen »

Hi,

I got myself an AppleTV 4K for Xmas and currently I am trying to set up MrMc to replace my aging Intel NUC running LibreElec. I have a central MariaDB for metadata etc and that has been working fine across all existing devices (LibreElec and multiple Windows PCs).

On the LibreElec I have two profiles (Adults and Kids) with separate media sources etc. They both use the same MariaDB database of course.

Now I try to replicate this setup in the AppleTV but I run into a severe problem:
* I first set up the Adult profile. That works fine.
* I then try to set up the Kids profile and select that sources and metadata should be separate.
* I select to copy default profile, but nothing is copied...
* So, I set up SMB client (to get SMB2/3) and then I set up the MySQL client.
* At this point NO datasources are defined in the Kids profile, but as soon as I define the MySQL client, the Kids profile can see and play ANY films or TV shows.

On the LibreElec system (and my Windows clients for that matter), the system only shows the films and TV shows that are available in the defined sources/folders.

Am I missing something obvious here or is there a bug here?

Kind regards
Kenneth
Montoya

Re: Multiple profiles on AppleTV 4K

Post by Montoya »

I assume you have kept the Master User profile and created the new Adults and Kids profiles next to the Master User ?
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 14.0 - MrMC 3.9.8 - Win10 Pro x64 1909 build 19041.488
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.4.3.0
sjefsbamsemumsen

Hi,

I kept the master profile but renamed it to Adults. Then I created the Kids profile.

/Kenneth
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

FYI, I have 5 MrMC profiles up and running. Setting up those 5, I noticed that by keeping the Master User as is with just the required setup items (like language, region, audio/video settings etc), prevented some troubles I had in setting up and using other profiles.

I would advise you to start fresh, keeping the Master User profile clean and create and setup 2 new profiles from scratch and use the login screen when starting MrMC.
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 14.0 - MrMC 3.9.8 - Win10 Pro x64 1909 build 19041.488
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.4.3.0
sjefsbamsemumsen

Thanks for the suggestion. I will reset everything and try again tomorrow (hopefully I can find time...).

/Kenneth
sjefsbamsemumsen

Good morning,

I have now tried the following, but I still have the same problem:
* Uninstalled and reinstalled the MrMC app
* In the master profile I defined the SMB service (libsmb2) and MySQL service. No mediasources defined
* Master profile sees entire movie library but cannot play anything as no mediasources are defined. I was hoping it would not se anything, but this is not a major problem I think.
* Defined the adults profile. Separate media sources and media info. Started fresh, set up SMB and MySQL clients. Defined media sources. Movies and TV shows play as expected.
* Defined the kids profile. Separate media sources and media info. Started fresh, set up SMB and MySQL clients as above (same database etc). Did not define mediasources.

At this point the kids profile can play any movie and TV show - even if no media sources are defined for this profile. This is for sure not how it works on my LibreElec and Windows boxes. There each profile will only see the movies that are available in their defined media sources.

Also, if I log back into the master profile, that profile can now also play any movie or TV show even if no media sources are defined for this profile.

This seems really weird, and I wonder if this is related to using a shared MySQL database.

@Montoya: How have you set up your profiles? Are they sharing the same MySQL / MariaDB database?

/Kenneth
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

just be clear, you don't need to setup media sources if the database has already been setup.

so for master profile
  • you are connecting to an existing library and you define that in the mysql setup page. I.e MyVideos
    if the library exists and has been created by a different MrMC or Kodi installation it should work
for Adult profile
  • you need to log into a different mysql database i.e MyVideosAdult
    setup the media sources
    set the content formedia sourcesand load the items in the library
for Kids profile
  • you need to log into a different mysql database i.e MyVideoskids
    setup the media sources
    set the content for media sources and load the items in the library
you can't cram all profiles and all media sources Into one database, as that's will just keep adding to movies/tv shows list and would not differentiate between profiles.
sjefsbamsemumsen

Hmm, I don't understand this - can I not use the same database for the different profiles? I am doing that today on both the windows and LibreElec boxes. This means that if the kids wants to continue something they started watching on their profile they can do that even if we adults are logged on with our profile as the status of each movie is shared.

The way it works on the other boxes is that they all use the same DB but I have only set up a subset of the mediasources for the kids profile. This has been working fine across all boxes and across the two profiles. The kids profile is also locked to that they cannot change the sources unless they enter the master code.

Is MrMc totally different here? I must admit that I did not test this properly on my iPad before I purchased the Apple TV since I assumed it worked like Kodi...

/Kenneth
sjefsbamsemumsen

...and by the way, the current setup means that when I want to add new content I just use my account on my main windows machine (which does not use profiles as the mediasources are different for adult users and kid users, but all share the same database) to add new content to the Kodi MySQL DB and of the content is supposed to be visible in the kids profile on the main media center it will appear there. If not, it will only be visible in the adult profile.

If I use two database schemas I assume I will have to scan shared content twice (once for each profile)? That would be a pain in the backside...

/Kenneth
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Not that I am aware of, database has no knowledge of the profiles and if kids profile accessed the same database it will have access to all content

It’s possible that Kodi has done something different recently