1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.8.1 - Apple TV - [Invites Closed]

Old TestFlight threads
User avatar
amet
Team MrMC
Posts: 2766
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 16:59
Location: Dubai/Novi Sad

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.1 - Apple TV - [Invites Closed]

Post by amet » 11 Apr 2019, 19:37

kamil66 wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 19:26
The problem is that it's impossible to move back or On the player
There is only the pause function that works when we use
PVR Simple Client to watch TV playlist The VOD can be read but can not move forward or backward
It’s how live tv is designed, we can’t possibly know what you are watching and that “live tv” is VOD.

This is by design and has no place in TestFlight thread where we are testing future release.

User avatar
Montoya
Posts: 364
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 22:46

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.1 - Apple TV - [Invites Closed]

Post by Montoya » 11 Apr 2019, 21:59

amet wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 15:44
As you might remember from last time we tested, none of us can reproduce your issue
That last quote is simply NOT true, but let me refresh your mind Amet:
Email quote from you, dated February 19 2019:
What’s interesting is that I have the same issue on appletv but no issues on my OS X test/dev rig
I informed you guys by email on February 19th and upwards, well before THIS Testflight branch, thinking that you guys would pick it up in this current one. I only mentioned this problem twice in this current branch, but well, I will make a new mail, describing the same issues again, no problem.

I have been using Kodi on my HTPC for more than 2 months already for STRM Movie content, instead of MrMC, mainly because of these problems, so I was patient enough. For me it doesn't need to be fixed in current branch, so no rush, so you can deal with it later.
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 12.4 - Win10 Pro x64 1903 build 18362.264
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.2.0.1 beta

User avatar
amet
Team MrMC
Posts: 2766
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 16:59
Location: Dubai/Novi Sad

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.1 - Apple TV - [Invites Closed]

Post by amet » 12 Apr 2019, 05:28

Montoya wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 14:53
Still the same problems with not normally loading STRM VOD content (it fails mostly) for more than 2 months already (you Devs already have all the info also for that same amount of time already).

Did a test today with loading the SAME VOD content with an m3u, loaded into MrMC's PVR IPTV simple Client and like "Magic", the content plays with absolutely NO problems.

So tell me @Devs, why does strm play doesn't work correctly now for the provider I have, while loading the SAME stream URL's from an m3u in MrMC's PVR IPTV Simple Client DOES play normally :shock:
So does it work or it doesn’t work? I guess from the last line ... and it’s just a guess, that when you load the m3u8 list in emby it fails? Yes
Montoya wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 14:53
To me this seems an MrMC problem, that can't handle the changes a provider has done for stream play.
MrMC's PVR Simple Client plays the same stream with No problems, so why can't MrMC play the same stream from strm :?:

This causes Emby FUNCTIONALITY in MrMC to BREAK, because MrMC can't Direct Play content, from my Emby strm libraries...
Can provide an m3u for testing when needed.
What emby functionality is broken? #ELI5

Also, quoting one line is no good... you pulling things out of context :)

I said:
I have seen it fail yesterday when I was testing, now it works on Apple TV.

smells like an issue with the provider ...
Your response was:
Also noticed it's a provider issue, because when I multiple times "hammer" a movie to play, it eventually plays.
So like I said, let’s move this somewhere else for the easy follow up and as a reminder.

User avatar
Montoya
Posts: 364
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 22:46

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.1 - Apple TV - [Invites Closed]

Post by Montoya » 12 Apr 2019, 09:18

amet wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 05:28
Montoya wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 14:53
Still the same problems with not normally loading STRM VOD content (it fails mostly) for more than 2 months already (you Devs already have all the info also for that same amount of time already).

Did a test today with loading the SAME VOD content with an m3u, loaded into MrMC's PVR IPTV simple Client and like "Magic", the content plays with absolutely NO problems.

So tell me @Devs, why does strm play doesn't work correctly now for the provider I have, while loading the SAME stream URL's from an m3u in MrMC's PVR IPTV Simple Client DOES play normally :shock:
So does it work or it doesn’t work? I guess from the last line ... and it’s just a guess, that when you load the m3u8 list in emby it fails? Yes
Montoya wrote:
09 Apr 2019, 14:53
To me this seems an MrMC problem, that can't handle the changes a provider has done for stream play.
MrMC's PVR Simple Client plays the same stream with No problems, so why can't MrMC play the same stream from strm :?:

This causes Emby FUNCTIONALITY in MrMC to BREAK, because MrMC can't Direct Play content, from my Emby strm libraries...
Can provide an m3u for testing when needed.
What emby functionality is broken? #ELI5

Also, quoting one line is no good... you pulling things out of context :)

I said:
I have seen it fail yesterday when I was testing, now it works on Apple TV.

smells like an issue with the provider ...
Your response was:
Also noticed it's a provider issue, because when I multiple times "hammer" a movie to play, it eventually plays.
So like I said, let’s move this somewhere else for the easy follow up and as a reminder.
Lets not get into a discussion indeed what has been said or not been said over email for the last couple of months, but fact remains strm still doens't work normally for my provider A in MrMC.

Simple Story short BEFORE I move everything to another topic:

MrMC FAILS strm playback from my provider A when:
- strm played from Video Media Source MrMC
- strm played from File Manager MrMC
- strm played from Emby Client Service as movie (Emby strm movie library)

MrMC does NOT fail playback for my provider A when:
- m3u (with same stream URL's from what's inside those strm that fail), loaded into MrMC PVR Simple Client.

Those above conditions ONLY !
I never talked about playing m3u from Emby, don't use Emby for Movies WITH m3u or Live TV.

Will edit this post with link to new topic when ready.

Edit:
https://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4900
Last edited by Montoya on 12 Apr 2019, 10:01, edited 2 times in total.
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 12.4 - Win10 Pro x64 1903 build 18362.264
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.2.0.1 beta

User avatar
Montoya
Posts: 364
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 22:46

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.1 - Apple TV - [Invites Closed]

Post by Montoya » 12 Apr 2019, 09:32

Wrong button :D
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 12.4 - Win10 Pro x64 1903 build 18362.264
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.2.0.1 beta

kamil66
Posts: 20
Joined: 02 Sep 2018, 09:31

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.1 - Apple TV - [Invites Closed]

Post by kamil66 » 12 Apr 2019, 13:24

amet wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 19:37
kamil66 wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 19:26
The problem is that it's impossible to move back or On the player
There is only the pause function that works when we use
PVR Simple Client to watch TV playlist The VOD can be read but can not move forward or backward
It’s how live tv is designed, we can’t possibly know what you are watching and that “live tv” is VOD.

This is by design and has no place in TestFlight thread where we are testing future release.
Hello what is simple with Kodi Becomes complicated with you Putting a player that works with everything is not very difficult

User avatar
amet
Team MrMC
Posts: 2766
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 16:59
Location: Dubai/Novi Sad

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.1 - Apple TV - [Invites Closed]

Post by amet » 12 Apr 2019, 13:36

kamil66 wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 13:24
amet wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 19:37
kamil66 wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 19:26
The problem is that it's impossible to move back or On the player
There is only the pause function that works when we use
PVR Simple Client to watch TV playlist The VOD can be read but can not move forward or backward
It’s how live tv is designed, we can’t possibly know what you are watching and that “live tv” is VOD.

This is by design and has no place in TestFlight thread where we are testing future release.
Hello what is simple with Kodi Becomes complicated with you Putting a player that works with everything is not very difficult
I appreciate that you are a paying customer, and at the risk of sounding rude... here goes...

1. Just because you paid for something it doesn’t give you the right to behave the way you do. Buying the application will still get you banned here, try me.. please do.
2. If Kodi is so great, why are you here? Trolling?
3. If it’s “not very difficult “, please do it
4. You are abusing TestFlight thread, and I will not say this again. If there is an issue with anything we are testing here we are listening, if it’s not related to this TestFlight, please use a relevant subforum

amet

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 4091
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.1 - Apple TV - [Invites Closed]

Post by davilla » 13 Apr 2019, 16:43

3.8.1 (190413.1504)
usync: Pass CFileItem ByConstRef in CDVDFactoryInputStream::CreateInputStream() PR 9504
usync: [ADDON] Transfer ContentLookup properly PR 12630
usync: [PlayListM3u] Get Mime-Type from #KODIPROP to avoid mime type checking PR 12545
usync: CCurlFile::Stat missing easy_release on early return PR 14587
usync: DVDDemuxFFmpeg: Do not discard stream indexes belonging to program PR 15873
usync: [Subtitles] Background color and background opacity settings PR 14056
fix: disable transcode thumb check/serialize in CImageLoader::DoWork
revert : transcode plex thumbs on the server, helps loads

syncixp
Posts: 19
Joined: 14 Dec 2018, 08:08

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.1 - Apple TV - [Invites Closed]

Post by syncixp » 13 Apr 2019, 18:53

Im using Plex as my database and on the last 4 or 5 builds my
TV Series and Movie list is empty, but only with Amber skin.
Ariana or Opacity works fine.

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 4091
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.1 - Apple TV - [Invites Closed]

Post by davilla » 16 Apr 2019, 02:03

3.8.1 (190416.51)
emby: expose share path for manual login
fix: tvOS double press when in Live TV fullscreen
fix: deadlock
fix: mp4 files with bad a/v interleaving
fix: IsDynamicHomeCompatible bool
announce “ReloadSkin” so that Services can refresh, fixes missing servers on non dynamic skins

Locked