1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.5.1

Old TestFlight threads
Itzme1234

Re: Testing MrMC 3.5.1

Post by Itzme1234 » 28 Mar 2018, 16:51

amet wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 15:58
Itzme1234 wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 15:27
Using Plex Addon. The tvOS top shelf is only showing the MrMc logo. I thought it was working properly earlier.
nope, addon dont populate the TopShelf .. we could populate it but it would be impossible to play without some major changes in core and addon
You guys seem to thrive and shine with ‘major changes’ ;) with ATV, users expect top shelf.

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 28 Mar 2018, 16:57

Itzme1234 wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 16:51
amet wrote:
Itzme1234 wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 15:27
Using Plex Addon. The tvOS top shelf is only showing the MrMc logo. I thought it was working properly earlier.
nope, addon dont populate the TopShelf .. we could populate it but it would be impossible to play without some major changes in core and addon
You guys seem to thrive and shine with ‘major changes’ ;) with ATV, users expect top shelf.
Why when they can just go straight into plex addon and see the "home" page there?

It's not forced on people to use only the plex addon.

Nik3sh

Post by Nik3sh » 28 Mar 2018, 17:03

cosmoxl wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 16:57
Itzme1234 wrote:
amet wrote:

Why when they can just go straight into plex addon and see the "home" page there?

Top shelf would be great for the add on so I wouldn’t even have to open the app and browse, also so easy for elderly parents to use (on deck), also I can put mrmc on the top row and see my videos instead of a big mrmc image.

If mrmc can achieve it......why not! The built in Plex client can do it, would be nice to have feature parity, same goes for playback controls. In my case I will only use mrmc just because of the Plex add on.

Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 » 28 Mar 2018, 17:13

Nik3sh wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 17:03
cosmoxl wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 16:57
Itzme1234 wrote:

Top shelf would be great for the add on so I wouldn’t even have to open the app and browse, also so easy for elderly parents to use (on deck), also I can put mrmc on the top row and see my videos instead of a big mrmc image.

If mrmc can achieve it......why not! The built in Plex client can do it, would be nice to have feature parity.
You’re right, but I feel like in an ideal situation, using new features shouldn’t require sacrifices. We should probably discuss this in another thread.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 28 Mar 2018, 17:24

Plex Addon has no clue about top shelf, in fact it does not even know it's running on tvOS. The point of this testflight series was to bring back python and the Plex addon seemed like the perfect candidate for testing python.

We did some minor tweaks, nothing major as that would delay release 2-6 weeks. I just don't see that it's worth delaying the release to get it 'perfect' for tvOS. As long time users will attest, when we do something, it's not just a one time thing. We generally listen to our users and make changes, even major changes over time. Plex addon is no exception.

Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 » 28 Mar 2018, 18:00

davilla wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 17:24
Plex Addon has no clue about top shelf, in fact it does not even know it's running on tvOS. The point of this testflight series was to bring back python and the Plex addon seemed like the perfect candidate for testing python.

We did some minor tweaks, nothing major as that would delay release 2-6 weeks. I just don't see that it's worth delaying the release to get it 'perfect' for tvOS. As long time users will attest, when we do something, it's not just a one time thing. We generally listen to our users and make changes, even major changes over time. Plex addon is no exception.
Understood. Thanks. I keep looking for that 'like' button here on the board.

Everbrave

Post by Everbrave » 28 Mar 2018, 18:15

davilla wrote:

To tell the truth, you brought a great change in a record time! The usability of MrMC increased for me by an order of magnitude. I’m personally, really, very impressed. What we have at hand within one TestFlight is a solid player with one of, if not the, best UI in the market. I’m more than happy 😊
Thanks a lot

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 28 Mar 2018, 18:49

This TestFlight series is now closed :) 3.6.0 (3.5.1 testflight) is brewing in the various App Stores.

For Plex Addon issues/etc -> viewforum.php?f=28

A bug thanks to all that tested, but we are still only seeing about a 25-40 percent participation level. Every one that has not installed will get removed and will have to re-apply for the next TestFlight series.

Once again, thanks again for testing. It really helps make MrMC better.

Slice314

Post by Slice314 » 28 Mar 2018, 18:53

Bravo! :D

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 28 Mar 2018, 18:54

Everbrave wrote:
28 Mar 2018, 18:15
davilla wrote:

To tell the truth, you brought a great change in a record time! The usability of MrMC increased for me by an order of magnitude. I’m personally, really, very impressed. What we have at hand within one TestFlight is a solid player with one of, if not the, best UI in the market. I’m more than happy 😊
Thanks a lot
Sorry, did usability increase, or did it just get prettier? I think any impartial judge shown the two video control interfaces would say that of the plex add-on is worthy of jailtime.