1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

testing MrMC 3.0.7

Old TestFlight threads
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: testing MrMC 3.0.7

Post by davilla » 21 Jun 2017, 17:18

cosmoxl wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 17:07
davilla wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 16:09
new version released;
tvOS: fixed Siri pan item creep/auto-repeat issues
tvOS: fixed annoying visual focus effects when auto-repeat panning
tvOS: fixed Siri edge swipe (page jump) to only work on edges

Getting closer to a release candidate so if anyone finds specific issues (besides an I hate it), speak up :)
Yes, seems some quirks are now fixed. However, now it seems it's not sensitive enough to my attempts to pan. Often it'll show that it's getting some input but not actually move the selection.

The speed in the main menu with MrMC skin and a swipe is good now - it doesn't sling around several times like the wheel on The Price is Right now. :) But, like I said, now it seems pan doesn't respond most of the time. So, I can't seem to test panning in the main menu. Depends on how detailed you want it. I'm happy with the way it is since I use tapping usually.
Humm, panning seems fine for me (of course I coded it :) Try and pay close attention to your finger (thumb), where on track pad did you start, which way you moved and how much. When on home (mrmc skin) I seem to be able to pan right or left a few items without issue, that's starting with thumb down at center. For my fat, 59 year old fingers, the existing seems ok and also for Amet who has dainty fingers :) Pan sensitivity could be exposed as a default, fast or slow.

It would be really nice to match tvOS settings but there is no API to fetch and match them.

I do have to say that this testflight series is the 1st time that Siri remote behavior has gotten tamed enough for me to use it at length, without wanting to throw it across the room :)

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 21 Jun 2017, 17:37

davilla wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 17:18
cosmoxl wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 17:07
davilla wrote:
21 Jun 2017, 16:09
new version released;
tvOS: fixed Siri pan item creep/auto-repeat issues
tvOS: fixed annoying visual focus effects when auto-repeat panning
tvOS: fixed Siri edge swipe (page jump) to only work on edges

Getting closer to a release candidate so if anyone finds specific issues (besides an I hate it), speak up :)
Yes, seems some quirks are now fixed. However, now it seems it's not sensitive enough to my attempts to pan. Often it'll show that it's getting some input but not actually move the selection.

The speed in the main menu with MrMC skin and a swipe is good now - it doesn't sling around several times like the wheel on The Price is Right now. :) But, like I said, now it seems pan doesn't respond most of the time. So, I can't seem to test panning in the main menu. Depends on how detailed you want it. I'm happy with the way it is since I use tapping usually.
Humm, panning seems fine for me (of course I coded it :) Try and pay close attention to your finger (thumb), where on track pad did you start, which way you moved and how much. When on home (mrmc skin) I seem to be able to pan right or left a few items without issue, that's starting with thumb down at center. For my fat, 59 year old fingers, the existing seems ok and also for Amet who has dainty fingers :) Pan sensitivity could be exposed as a default, fast or slow.

It would be really nice to match tvOS settings but there is no API to fetch and match them.

I do have to say that this testflight series is the 1st time that Siri remote behavior has gotten tamed enough for me to use it at length, without wanting to throw it across the room :)
We are on the same page. I can't test more right now but when I was testing I did notice that panning was more responsive when I started with my thumb in the middle. If that's how pan is supposed to work I'll adapt.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 21 Jun 2017, 17:52

Should also work if finger down on right, pan to left. Or the other way. I'll re-verify once I get near the ATV4 again.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 22 Jun 2017, 10:02

Anyone else feel that pan sensitivity needs increasing ?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 22 Jun 2017, 18:34

silence implies approval :)

Ted377

Post by Ted377 » 22 Jun 2017, 18:59

Everything fine here. :D
But what I would wish is that you can switch between the last two channels (TV) back and forth.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 22 Jun 2017, 19:08

Ted377 wrote:
22 Jun 2017, 18:59
Everything fine here. :D
But what I would wish is that you can switch between the last two channels (TV) back and forth.
maybe be doable via the keymap now. It's pretty generic. Here's what it looks like right now https://pastebin.com/Fv5rxmYe

Ted377

Post by Ted377 » 23 Jun 2017, 15:34

Hmmm ... unfortunately the keys of the Siri Remote are very limited.
Maybe you could realize the function via the Home / TV button!?

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 23 Jun 2017, 15:39

Ted377 wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 15:34
Hmmm ... unfortunately the keys of the Siri Remote are very limited.
Maybe you could realize the function via the Home / TV button!?
No tvOS app has access to the home button/key. It is reserved for tvOS usage go to home or (holding) bring up the app switcher.

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 24 Jun 2017, 10:24

3.0.7 (170624.826)
- Plex and Emby delete from library, needs to be enabled in MrMC settings and on the server
- More Siri remote tweaks
- fixed some OpenSubtitle login corner cases