1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Reproduction is not smooth

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
david86bcn

Re: Reproduction is not smooth

Post by david86bcn » 27 May 2019, 16:56

supertoto1977 wrote:
25 May 2019, 08:15
Hi,

If you have a 4K TV and watch 4K HDR Movies, please try this setup :
MediaCodec Surface enabled.
Advanced timing disabled.
MediaCodec disabled.

4K and 1080p/720p movies run without any stuttter on my shield 2017.

If you have a FullHD TV :
MediaCodec Surface disabled.
MediaCodec enabled.
I have been testing with the options:

MediaCodec Surface enabled.
Advanced timing disabled.
MediaCodec disabled.

And it seems that everything goes smooth and without stutter!!!

Thank you.

Slice314

Post by Slice314 » 30 May 2019, 11:50

Something is clearly broken since the last update, any word of a potential fix and not a "workaround"? which by the way, doesn't work for me.

supertoto1977

Post by supertoto1977 » 31 May 2019, 13:37

Slice314 wrote:
30 May 2019, 11:50
Something is clearly broken since the last update, any word of a potential fix and not a "workaround"? which by the way, doesn't work for me.
Hi,

If MrMc works for us and not for you, maybe it's not because of MrMc itself.
Provide some information about your setup like video sources (USB Disk, Network : NAS or Computer) and a debug log.
For example, if you use the network, there's some issues with the last shield update.
Don't use the SMB protocol and access your shares directly in MrMc (video sources).

gacama

Post by gacama » 19 Jun 2019, 10:57

He is not alone, some of us moved to kodi because of stuttering, for me, it starts in 3.8 and remains in 3.8.1

I think last changes, broke something, for me mrmc it's not an option nowadays, and the updates take sooooooo long

Audiomixer

Post by Audiomixer » 19 Jun 2019, 16:04

I too have had the stuttering issue (and increasing lip sync delay as well) with MrMC to the point that it became unusable especially since the last update. Went to Kodi and it has its own problems such as simply crashing during playback where the shield goes to home screen. I use the plex Addon in both Kodi and MrMC yet this issue was present with and without the Addon. I use a synology nas running smb (tried both smb1 and 3) and plex server. Also had a plex server running on a shield as a backup and have that shield mounting the nas share via smb.
I set acceleration as noted earlier for 4K but that did not fix it for me.
I decided to simplify my setup. First, I deleted the plex server on the one shield. I deleted the shield smb mounts on both my shields and terminated the smb service on the nas. i enabled NFS services on my nas. I then went into the shield’s settings>apps and deleted data and cache in Kodi, MRMC, and plex to restart them fresh. I setup MrMC settings relevant to my equipment and tastes as before and enabled NFS within MrMC and Kodi. Also reinstalled the plex Addon and logged in. This was last week and since then we’ve watched hours of vids using MrMC either via NFS share direct or using the plex Addon to the point that it has once again become my go to app. No stuttering so far.

So was it the smb share or two plex servers running on my network or simply a total reset of the apps? Not sure at this point. All I know is that it currently is all working.

BillyBudapest

Post by BillyBudapest » 01 Jul 2019, 13:56

Another user seeing the same behavior described above with mrmc on an Nvidia Shield, no such problems with Kodi, however as noted Kodi is not problem free either in other ways.

I have also noted the constant calls for debug logs from users as if this is some sort of anomaly when this should be easily observable by simply using/testing the application on this platform.

supertoto1977

Post by supertoto1977 » 01 Jul 2019, 18:21

Hello,

No it's not so easy.
On my side and now for Audiomixer, MrMc runs well (better than Kodi for my uses)..... so does it mean that it works for everyone ?
Don't forget that the shield has been updated with a lot of issues.
The debuglog is usefull because there's a lot of parameters :
- Video Codec (h264,h265,Mpeg2,AVI,xVid....)
- Source (Network, USB Disk,...)
- Network share protocol (SMB, NFS, WebDav, FTP), Wired or Wifi, routers, bandwith....
- Use of Plex or Emby
- your config (TV, A/V receiver....)
- your MrMc setup

Rootax

Post by Rootax » 02 Jul 2019, 09:27

Produce a log is not always easy since the problem is not 100% reproducible for me. Same thing with the small audio / video desync from time to time. I can watch the same video without problem one moment, and a desync the other...

Since Kodi 18.3 and the autoresolution switching feature, I've moved to it (and the plex addon, even if it's old, it's still working) :/ and have none of this problems (which started with 3.8 here).

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 03 Jul 2019, 21:11

Having had plenty of time to use the app (understatement) my experience is like many others here. With advanced timing on or off I get occasional periods of stuttering that are fixed by pausing or skipping back. But, with advanced timing off the audio sync is more likely to go bad.

supertoto1977

Post by supertoto1977 » 06 Jul 2019, 16:11

For those who stream their movies from the network, did you disabled the IPV6 in the shield network settings ?
It could be a root cause of stutter.