1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Separating Movies/Videos

Support for the native Plex Client on any platform
barong

Separating Movies/Videos

Post by barong »

Hi,

I’ve been testing out Plex with MrMC and have a query about how it organises media within the app.

Currently my plex library has both Movies and home videos as seperate libraries. In MrMC, both these libraries show up as seperate options under the Movies section.

I was wondering if there is a way to only pull in my movie library into the Movies section in MrMC? This would then leave out the home videos and I can view them under media sources or files.

Thanks in advance.
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Separating Movies/Videos

Post by amet »

Hi,

Media sources and files are for smb/nfs shares that create MrMC library, no way to use those on plex.

You could use plex for movies and create media source folder for your videos that would contain home videos
barong

Post by barong »

Sorry, I don't think I explained it properly...

I am using Plex under Services and it automatically populates the Movies and TV Shows section for me on the home screen.

TV Shows are working fine.

Under Movies, it is showing my movies as well as 4 other seperate sections for home videos/test videos/calibration videos etc. (there is an initial screen that I have to select the "sub fodler" first before it displays the actual media).
I wan't it to only show movies (as per plex setup) and exclude the other video sections.

I can most likely fix this by deleting / removing the other video sections from Plex.

Hope this makes more sense.
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

I have a similar feature requests. I currently have three libraries in PMS (Movies-3D, Movies-2D, TV-TV). How it currently works is that Mr`MC shows Movies and `TV on the home screen. When selecting Movies, I get a second screen to choose Movies-3D and Movies-2D.

I'd like instead to have Movies-3D and Movies-2D and TV all three on the homescreen. This would eliminate the interim screen.

I believe this may also address the request of the opening poster?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

More complex skins can have custom home shortcuts. WIP once we resolve some issues.
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

I'd prefer not to see this as being part of the custom home shortcut.

Current implementation for the home screen accesses the media share of PMS rather than the libraries directly. MrMC could access directly the PMS libraries (i.e., Movies-3D is a different library on my PMS from Movies-2D). This is pretty much how the Plex addon (and also the Plex app) works already, but would be great if the native Plex Client implementation would do the same. Any chance?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

steve1977 wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 00:56 I'd prefer not to see this as being part of the custom home shortcut.

Current implementation for the home screen accesses the media share of PMS rather than the libraries directly. MrMC could access directly the PMS libraries (i.e., Movies-3D is a different library on my PMS from Movies-2D). This is pretty much how the Plex addon (and also the Plex app) works already, but would be great if the native Plex Client implementation would do the same. Any chance?
You are obviously not in a TestFlight :)
steve1977

Post by steve1977 »

Oh great, I am signed up, but haven't been trying. Let me check it out. This reads very promising!