1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Dolby Vision

Any issues that are tvOS specific
smhealey

Dolby Vision

Post by smhealey »

I have HDR rips that support both Dolby Vision and HDR10. When I have both match content settings on and run 4K SDR mode. MrMC only recognizes HDR10. Can MrMC detect and playback DV content? If I set ATV4k to Dolby Vision mode everything is set to DV and DV enabled content will play in DV but I think something seems amiss. My TV and HD fury reports DV but I am not sure if the DV metadata is being read and played back properly in MrMC. I think maybew it is just the ATV4K sending everything in DV mode.

edit: I think I found the answer to my own question. I guess in the rips DV metadata is not being retained and currently not easily possible. HDR10 content only for now. Will MrMc play DV if have Full ISO?
timstephens24

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by timstephens24 »

The only device that's known to work is the Oppo UDP-203. The Apple TV doesn't support dual layer DV, only single layer.
loekf2

Post by loekf2 »

smhealey wrote: 04 Jun 2018, 18:19 I have HDR rips that support both Dolby Vision and HDR10. When I have both match content settings on and run 4K SDR mode. MrMC only recognizes HDR10. Can MrMC detect and playback DV content? If I set ATV4k to Dolby Vision mode everything is set to DV and DV enabled content will play in DV but I think something seems amiss. My TV and HD fury reports DV but I am not sure if the DV metadata is being read and played back properly in MrMC. I think maybew it is just the ATV4K sending everything in DV mode.

edit: I think I found the answer to my own question. I guess in the rips DV metadata is not being retained and currently not easily possible. HDR10 content only for now. Will MrMc play DV if have Full ISO?
As long as you have the .ts or .m2ts container the DV metadata is kept. For DV the metadata is encoded in a 2nd 1080p SDR stream (1/4 resolution). When you remux to MKV, the DV metadata is los.

Single layer is used for streaming apps, where the DV metadata is in the 4K stream, so no 2nd stream. That could only work with a container format like MKV or MP4.

The AppleTV only supports single layer in its frameworks.

So if you want to play DV files in a .ts or .m2ts format in MrMMC it's not impossible, but MrMMC would have to do some clever on-the-fly demuxing.... which could be too difficult to do with the current APIs.
Godmax

Post by Godmax »

Yes we are all f***d big time. Nothing works no one understands Dolby Vision we are f**ed. Oppo is a crazy expensive bullshit players no thx
mata77

Post by mata77 »

i remux my mkv with mkvtoolnix and i keep the DV Data on it
loekf2

Post by loekf2 »

mata77 wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 20:56 i remux my mkv with mkvtoolnix and i keep the DV Data on it
Should not be possible. Are you sure the DV info is still there ?

Mediainfo is able to detect DV,
costaud

Post by costaud »

There is no player which can play DV files in mkv file !
You can have mkv with DV structure ( 2 videos files ) but you can do nothing with it ;)
It's possible with oppo 203 and UHD structure, modified in AVCHD folder ;)
It will be great if it was possible on ATV 4K ;)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

costaud wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 14:10 There is no player which can play DV files in mkv file !
You can have mkv with DV structure ( 2 videos files ) but you can do nothing with it ;)
It's possible with oppo 203 and UHD structure, modified in AVCHD folder ;)
It will be great if it was possible on ATV 4K ;)
what about in mp4?
Godmax

Post by Godmax »

How about you just try it? No one is getting the shit to work anywhere so....
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Nah, waste of time. something has to handle merging the two. That something does not exist at this time.