1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Version for Apple TV 4K

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Lollypop

Re: Version for Apple TV 4K

Post by Lollypop »

Here is more info on how to implent this:

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/fall2017/503/
Everbrave

Post by Everbrave »

Lollypop wrote: 30 Oct 2017, 19:27
davilla wrote: 30 Oct 2017, 19:06 looks easy to implement. AVFoundation will take care of it automatically
Fantastic. This is music to our ears :)
Although I haven’t missed it at all, even in one-to-one comparison with the SPMC on Minix U1, it is definitely one of the biggest changes to tvOS; makes me want to install the beta just to try it :)
robneal81

Post by robneal81 »

I've been using MrMC since it first became available on Apple TV and I absolutely love it! Seriously, excellent work!

I just upgraded to Apple TV 4K and was wondering if there's any chance of adding support for 3d blu-ray iso's?

Also, is there any chance of supporting full blu-ray menu's? That's definitely something I'd be happy to pay for.

Thanks!
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Full blu-ray menu requires a full blown java. We just don't see this happening right now.

As for 3d blu-ray iso's, try them and report back any issues. MVC decoding with frame-packing rendering might be an issue as it requires underlying OS display support
robneal81

Post by robneal81 »

davilla wrote: 31 Oct 2017, 16:13 As for 3d blu-ray iso's, try them and report back any issues. MVC decoding with frame-packing rendering might be an issue as it requires underlying OS display support
Unfortunately, they don't work. They work fine with a Raspberry Pi 2&3 using LibreElec though, so it's not an issue with my files, TV or cable. Hopefully the ATV 4k hardware will allow 3D support.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

robneal81 wrote: 01 Nov 2017, 13:18
davilla wrote: 31 Oct 2017, 16:13 As for 3d blu-ray iso's, try them and report back any issues. MVC decoding with frame-packing rendering might be an issue as it requires underlying OS display support
Unfortunately, they don't work. They work fine with a Raspberry Pi 2&3 using LibreElec though, so it's not an issue with my files, TV or cable. Hopefully the ATV 4k hardware will allow 3D support.
full media name references so we can search for them and pull down some samples, you can email a list to [email protected] to keep them private if you want.
zodacuser

Post by zodacuser »

Hello,

first of all - THANK you for making watching my HDR Files possible on Apple TV 4K. That is a HUGE step forward.

But i encountered one issue, that would help me a lot:

I have a Ambilight on my TV - using Hyperion on a Rasperry Pi. To connect to this Ambilight, I activated the Bob Server and connected from MrMC to Hyperion.
When I watch normal HD TV (Live TV in H.264 or HD movies in H.264) everything works as it should - the colours of my ambilight match the colours of the content that MrMC is playing.

But when I watch a 4K HDR movie, ambilight doesn't work anymore. I have fixed white light with a few colours spots and nothing matches anymore. I think this has something to do with the Hardware acceleration. Because if I use VideoToolBox for HEVC / 4K HDR the colours of my ambilight fit, but then it's not a real HDR picture. If I use AVFoundation 4K HDR looks like it should but the ambilight doesn't.

Is this something you can fix? Or do I have to live with NO ambilight for 4K HDR movies.

Greets
Zodac
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

zodacuser wrote: 02 Nov 2017, 10:37 Hello,

first of all - THANK you for making watching my HDR Files possible on Apple TV 4K. That is a HUGE step forward.

But i encountered one issue, that would help me a lot:

I have a Ambilight on my TV - using Hyperion on a Rasperry Pi. To connect to this Ambilight, I activated the Bob Server and connected from MrMC to Hyperion.
When I watch normal HD TV (Live TV in H.264 or HD movies in H.264) everything works as it should - the colours of my ambilight match the colours of the content that MrMC is playing.

But when I watch a 4K HDR movie, ambilight doesn't work anymore. I have fixed white light with a few colours spots and nothing matches anymore. I think this has something to do with the Hardware acceleration. Because if I use VideoToolBox for HEVC / 4K HDR the colours of my ambilight fit, but then it's not a real HDR picture. If I use AVFoundation 4K HDR looks like it should but the ambilight doesn't.

Is this something you can fix? Or do I have to live with NO ambilight for 4K HDR movies.

Greets
Zodac
Ambilight for 4K HEVC/HDR under AVFoundation is not possible right now. Possible in a later version. AVFoundation runs in a bypass mode where the picture frame contents are not available for inspection and sending to Ambilight.
Godmax

Post by Godmax »

Personally I dont have an Apple 4k TV yet. But MrMC sounds great. To what extent does MrMC support Dolby Vision .TS and .m2ts video streaming from an HDD etc. yet and what can be expected in the near future?
God bless you all

And does DTS work via MrMC and the Fire TV 4k? Or still inly Dolby Digital :(
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Godmax wrote: 22 Dec 2017, 11:44 Personally I dont have an Apple 4k TV yet. But MrMC sounds great. To what extent does MrMC support Dolby Vision .TS and .m2ts video streaming from an HDD etc. yet and what can be expected in the near future?
God bless you all

And does DTS work via MrMC and the Fire TV 4k? Or still inly Dolby Digital :(
DTS passthrough works fine. HD Audio will be decoded and passed as multichannel PCM. tvOS limitation, no one can passthrough HD audio.

We support Dolby Vision single layer, dual layer waits until the sw ripping tools catch up and can convert dual layer to single layer. Once that happens, then we can handle dual layer.