1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Method to integrate iTunes-purchased videos

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
msyeed

Method to integrate iTunes-purchased videos

Post by msyeed » 31 Mar 2019, 16:56

I have a feeling the answer is "no, Apple doesn't allow any of that," but just in case:

Any hope of having one place to play my ripped content and my still-DRMed iTunes content?

I know on a laptop, it's sometimes possible for authorized non-iTunes programs to play DRMed files as long as they're on the system whose iTunes natively plays them. Anything similar exist on Apple TV? If I'm logged into my iTunes account does the device itself have access to that account's FairPlay files?

Failing that, is there any hope of listing iTunes Store files in MrMC and linking over to them in Apple's app when selected? Or of including MrMC libraries in the "TV app"?

Currently the only option I've found is to maintain and search two listings, or to rip the iTunes files, which relies on either a slight loss in quality or in resolution.

davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Method to integrate iTunes-purchased videos

Post by davilla » 31 Mar 2019, 17:06

msyeed wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 16:56
I have a feeling the answer is "no, Apple doesn't allow any of that," but just in case:

Any hope of having one place to play my ripped content and my still-DRMed iTunes content?

I know on a laptop, it's sometimes possible for authorized non-iTunes programs to play DRMed files as long as they're on the system whose iTunes natively plays them. Anything similar exist on Apple TV? If I'm logged into my iTunes account does the device itself have access to that account's FairPlay files?

Failing that, is there any hope of listing iTunes Store files in MrMC and linking over to them in Apple's app when selected? Or of including MrMC libraries in the "TV app"?

Currently the only option I've found is to maintain and search two listings, or to rip the iTunes files, which relies on either a slight loss in quality or in resolution.
"no, Apple doesn't allow any of that," :)

msyeed

Re: Method to integrate iTunes-purchased videos

Post by msyeed » 01 Apr 2019, 07:03

[deep sigh]